Salary: Competitive + bonus       •      Ref: 6656
Solve some of today`s complex hospitality problems by creating innovative solutions using an open technology toolset.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an QA engineer to join our passionate,lean, agile, fast growing, evolving and tech-loving team on a permanent basis.The projects we are working on are innovative and will change the fast-casual dining experience forever.
As a QA engineer you will be responsible for designing developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
You will have extensive experience across a wide range of technologies and projects and will relish tackling and solving tough problems.We will continue investing in you through training, conferences and great opportunity for advancement as we grow as a team.
You’ll be passionate about moving Nando`s forward and be a champion of best practices, patterns, process and tech. You will lead by example; getting your hands dirty in the code, inspiring your peers & educating our stakeholders.
Our Engineering team is constantly pushing the boundaries of user experience and performance. As part of this amazing institution your responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee and champion the QA process for Nando’s Technology; getting involved with quality assurance activities in an Agile environment, providing consistent and clear feedback to the team and liaising with stakeholders.
- Ensure the approach is geared towards automation maximising the time for exploratory testing
- Continuously improve and automate the monitoring and deployment of our cloud based services
Your focus will be on:
- Ensuring products are being built with the customer in mind and not just focused on feature delivery
- Collaboration with teams and stakeholders to understand the user experience and use that to shape our products
- Implementing practices which widen the scope for fast successful delivery
- Ensuring operational requirements are considered and met for our products
- Managing cross-Platform issues and dependencies with regard to
o Tasks and features with inter-program dependencies
- Active involvement in the high level planning of initiatives
- Preparing and presenting product demos at the fortnightly program showcases
- Working with other teams to ensure that common objectives are met
- Able to produce effective documentation to communicate anything from an idea to a strategy
- Capable of defining and implementing testing processes and procedures
- Good stakeholder management
- Understand strategies including:
o Agile, Lean UX Methodology and Test Driven Development
o Systems testing (service integration,infrastructure)
o API testing
o Manual testing
o Platform testing
o Application monitoring
o User Testing
o A/B Testing
- Experience working with repository / versioning tools (e.g. Git, BitBucket)
- Experience working with monitoring tools (e.g.Nagios, Splunk or Zabbix)
- Experience working with command line interfaces(e.g. Terminal, Putty)
- Exposure of working with public cloud services(e.g. AWS, Heroku)
- Issue & project management tools (e.g. Jira,Trello)
Common Character Traits:
- Able to work collaboratively within different teams
- Possess sound judgement
- Passionate about delivering excellence
- Self-starting and able to self-manage
- Empowered to take initiatives
If you require any adjustments are made to support you during the recruitment process, we`d love to help. Please get in touch with email@example.com outlining the vacancy you are applying for and what adjustments need to be made and we’ll be in touch